ABOUT THE COMPANY – CYRIL RAMAPHOSA FOUNDATION
Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursary South Africa | The Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation, previously known as the Shanduka Foundation, was founded by Cyril Ramaphosa and the Shanduka Group in 2004. However, in 2015, the Foundation underwent a name change and is currently known as the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation. The Foundation’s mission is to create opportunities for students by way of education and enterprise development.
In 1996, Cyril Ramaphosa started assisting students from disadvantaged backgrounds with bursaries to attend university. The funding was earned from his public speaking engagements and in 2000, the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) was established. Today, the CRET is an independent non-profit organisation of the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation.
ABOUT THE CRET BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) is inviting students to apply for funding, via their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies in ANY field (provided that the studies are no longer than 5 years).
The CRET bursary aims to provide funding to students who may otherwise be overlooked by other bursary programmes – the programme considers the holistic needs of candidates, their potential, and student who with enough support, nurturing and mentoring, will become leaders of the future.
MORE ABOUT THE CRET BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary coverage will be based on students’ needs and institution fees but may include the following: tuition fees, prescribed books and other study materials, meals, accommodation and a living expense allowance (if motivated).
The bursary will be capped at a certain amount, which will be discussed with students prior to acceptance of the Bursary Agreement.
The bursary will be awarded for 1 year of study and will be renewable based on certain criteria (including academic results, commitment to the programme, communication policies and other criteria to be discussed with successful recipients).
Bursary recipients are NOT required to work back/ pay back the bursary after graduation, however, they will be expected to “pay it forward” by helping fellow members of their community.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CRET BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have a valid South African ID number
- You must be between 16 and 27 years old
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate or other qualification in 2023 (students in any year of study may apply)
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification that is no longer than 5 years (any entry-level or first-time study module/ undergraduate qualification)
- You must have applied to study at a recognised and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have strong communication skills
- You must have strong leadership and empathetic skills
- You must have high values
- You must be in financial need, with a total household income of no more than R650 000 per annum
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CRET BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursary Application 2023/2024
Applicants are required to Register an Account before they can log in and apply.
Alternatively, applications can be submitted via WhatsApp here: CRET Bursary Application 2023
If you are having trouble applying, please visit the Help Center
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document, Passport or Birth Certificate (certified copy)
- Grade 11 latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary application or acceptance
- Parents or guardian or proof of address
- Parents or guardian or proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable, death certificate if deceased)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CRET BURSARY
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) directly:
Tel: 011 592 6560
IF YOU NEED ANY HELP DROP A COMMENT HERE