The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (Nsfas) opened their applications for Nsfas bursaries on 28 September. With the bursary being highly sought-after, a guide on how to apply could be a great help.
Not sure how to apply for Nsfas funding? Don’t stress. Here’s a guide on submitting your Nsfas 2023 application online using myNsfas.
Here’s how to apply:
- Create a myNsfas account
- If you have an existing myNsfas account, click on ‘login’ when going to myNsfas and complete your information
- If you don’t have a myNsfas account, click on ‘Create account’
- Log into your myNsfas account
- Click on ‘Apply’
- Answer the questions on the screen
- Upload the required supporting documents
- Click on ‘Submit’
- You will then receive an application reference number
Nsfas applicants will be able to pause the process and continue at a later stage without restarting from scratch.
Applications for Nsfas bursaries can also be submitted through the Nsfas mobile App, USSD line and WhatsApp. Applicants will be able to apply for Nsfas funding, track the application status and cancel applications.
Nsfas provides funding to students studying at one of South Africa’s public Universities and TVET Colleges who come from poor and working class backgrounds. The Nsfas bursary covers more than just your tuition fees with allowances given for transport, accommodation and other student needs.