This article includes an overview of 2023/2024 Treasure Scholarship, the online application portal, the application form, how to apply, qualifications, eligibility requirements, application deadline, and more.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation invites applications from international students who wish to pursue doctoral studies at Canadian universities in the academic year 2023/2024. The annual fellowship is for up to $60,000 (including an annual travel allowance of $20,000) per fellow for a maximum of three years.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships 2023/2023
The fellowship supports interdisciplinary research and original fieldwork by providing a substantial annual grant toward research and travel expenses that will enable fellows to make first-hand contacts with diverse communities that can enrich their studies. In addition, each scholar is assigned a distinguished Trudeau mentor, selected by the Foundation from among Canada’s most distinguished practitioners in all areas of public life. The fellowship also provides the opportunity to interact with an exceptional community of leaders and committed individuals from all areas of the social sciences and humanities, to participate in events organized by the Foundation, and to host their own workshops, with financial support available.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their academic performance, which must meet the highest standards of the world’s most prestigious doctoral fellowship programs. Future fellows must also demonstrate the ability to engage in lively exchanges with other researchers and scholars and have an expressed desire to contribute to the public dialogue.
- Level of Study: Ph.D. (Doctoral)
- Study in: Canada
- Institution(s): Canadian Universities
- Courses Offered:
- Social Sciences.
- Program Period:
- Maximum three years.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Annual value up to $60,000 (including an annual travel allowance of $20,000) per Scholar for a maximum of three years.
Eligibility Criteria for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships
To qualify for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- You must be already accepted into or in year one, two, or three of a full-time doctoral program in the humanities or social sciences (broadly defined)
- Your doctoral work must relate to at least one of the Foundation’s four central themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, People and their Natural Environment
- Canadian citizens are eligible whether they are at a Canadian or an international institution
- Non-Canadians (permanent residents or foreign nationals) enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution are eligible
How to Apply for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024
Please follow the following application instructions for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships:
- Learn about your university’s internal selection process deadlines: Each university has a different internal deadline, so make sure that you apply on time.
- Register: When the competition opens, register for an account on the Foundation’s application portal. You will receive a username and password by email within 4 business days of registering (please check your spam folder if you do not see it). If you already have an account from a previous scholarship competition, you can log in using your existing login credentials or request a password reset.
- Fill out the application: Once you log in, you can apply by completing the application form in the “Ébauche / Draft” section of the portal. Please also fill out your contact information in the “Coordonnées / Contacts” section of the portal.
- Get recommendation letters: While filling out the application form, you will be asked to enter the name and email address of your two referees in the box provided. An email will automatically be sent to the referees, asking them to upload their reference letters in PDF format directly to our portal. We advise that you follow up with your references to ensure they submit on time.
- Upload transcripts: Upload transcripts covering all of your post-secondary education in one PDF document. Candidates who attended CEGEP in Quebec should not include their CEGEP transcripts.
- Contact your university: Please inform the awards officer responsible for the PETF Scholarship competition at your university to let them know you’ve applied. This ensures that your application will be included in your university’s selection process.
- University nominations: The Foundation is asking all applicants to apply directly via its application platform. Universities are not required to nominate their preferred candidates. All candidates who submit completed applications by December 02, 2023, at the 5 p.m. EST deadline will be reviewed and assessed by the Foundation. Despite this process, the Foundation remains committed to regional representation, linguistic representation, a plurality of perspectives and disciplines, as well as other forms of diversity.
To know more about Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships, please visit the official website: